Tuesday, August 12, 2008

THUBER HOUSE: COVER TO COVER VISIT


While in Columbus doing my Thurber House residency I was invited to do a book signing at the wonderful COVER TO COVER children's book store on N. High St. The store is run by Sally Oddi, and she and I had been corresponding ever since Pond Scum came out and she wrote a review of the book - so it was especially sweet to be able to finally make the personal contact!



The attendance was petite but ENTHUSIASTIC and there was planety of participation and laughter as I shared some of my new book, MILO with them! Bonus of the event was meeting face to face with Mary Lee from A Year Of Reading (in salmon shirt on right) - sadly, co-blogger Franki was out of town at a conference.

Then came the fun ritual of adding my name to their "Author Wall" - which you can see displayed behind everyone (above).



I felt honored to become part of the woodwork of Cover To Cover! And here is the message I left!


Thanks to everyone at COVER TO COVER for making my visit so much fun!

No comments: