In the spirit of a year that will no doubt be marked by CHANGE in many corners of my world (personal, professional and political) I sit freshly scrubbed in 2009 with an open mind and brain full of ideas just waiting to be played with.
In my wiser, older age I have found that my creative self is getting pretty good at setting goals and then working towards them... and actually (sometimes) making them come to life! These Frankensteinian shouts of "It's alive!" are becoming the part of the process I most enjoy because nothing feels better than writing something unless it's when that "something" actually gets produced, published, etc. But despite a short streak of actualizing my goals - I buck the new year trend by NEVER making year-starting resolutions that just seem to dangle over my head like sharp axe blades waiting to cut me down.
That is why I am happy to share with you all....
10 NEW YEAR'S RESOLUTIONS I WILL NOT KEEP:
1) I will post daily in my blog
2) I will post weekly in my blog
3) Sometime during the month a blog post will be written and it will hopefully be written by me
4) I will wake up at 5:00 a.m. to write
5) I will wake up at 6:00 a.m. to write
6) I will stay up after everyone has gone to bed and write
7) I will go to gym every day
8) I will learn how to invest more wisely
9) I will eat only the foods that are good for me, my writing or my blogging
10) I will never ask the owner of my favorite cafe to stop playing awful music while I am trying to think (this because right now the Billie Holiday just switched to something akin to Hendrix)
Happy New Year to you all - and may all your own resolutions work out for you...or not!