Tuesday, January 09, 2007

NEW YEAR - OLD HABITS

Wow - are we really into a whole week of a new year and I haven't posted any sort of HUZZAH or NEW YEARS GREETING?

Yup.

My procrastination has followed me from one year's failed resolution to another and I swear I should stop trying to be the guy I'm not (that would be the one who imagines that he will post every day about the writing process with great wit and insight). Truth is: it's just ME again; the guy who wants to finish his second novel and get his movie made and make funny BOOK-TOONS and post sporadically about why he hasn't posted.

I have post traumatic stress about posting - and I'm not afraid to admit it.

On that note - I feel I've blabbed enough to constitute an actual "post".

ps: Wednesday night I'm going to the first "mixer" of Writer and Illustrator types here in Montreal that's being put together by a library person who wants to create a "network". I'll let you know how it goes after I see what kind of snacks they serve!

3 comments:

SilberBook-Blog said...

Thanks A. We're all chipping in 5 bucks - and the host librarian is providing the stuff - I'm hoping chocolatey gooey things - I'll let you know! (and if the snacks aren't up to snuff - I doubt there'll be a session #2!)

Bkbuds said...

No chocolate, no go. That ought to be the rule, I say.

SilberBook-Blog said...

Sadly the desserts were invisible - and the cheeses plentiful.

Oh, and the people were fantastic!